Do you suffer from bloating? Do you wake up with a relatively flat stomach and then get more and more bloated throughout the day?
Fitness is not about being better than someone else… IT IS ABOUT BEING BETTER THAN YOU USED TO BE.
— Gordon Slanquit, Personal Trainer Association
Here are my 10 Top Tips to help you to reduce that bloated feeling:
- Eat a diet based on whole foods with regular meal times
- Relax before you eat and eat slowly and chew your food properly
- Chew fennel seeds and ajwain post meals
- Eat sitting down at a table with no phones or devices
- Avoid using straw while having your drinks
- Reduce the amount of gas producing foods, such as beans, lentils and other pulses, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, onions and some fruit
- Eat foods that help to beat the bloat such as bananas, fennel, ginger & yoghurts
- Sip on herbal teas such as peppermint, fennel or chamomile tea
- Avoid fizzy drinks as this causes unwanted gas
- Reduce the amount of salt and sugar in your diet as sugar